6 Ways to Improve Your Brand Recall with Powerful Visual Content

6 Ways to Improve Your Brand Recall with Powerful Visual Content

One of the most important aspects to remember when marketing and branding are that people are visual learners. They're constantly exposed to imagery in advertising, social media posts, movies, or even just on their phones scrolling through Instagram. This means they'll be much more likely to recall what's seen if there were powerful visuals included within the content.

To create a successful website, you need to create visuals and add more than just content, such as a blog post. You also must think about how users will perceive and interact with your site's design - it can't simply be based on text.

Use valuable content like visual storytelling to target audiences’ attention.

Many people focus solely on writing quality articles when designing new websites. However, this process might not always suffice if there are no visual cues guiding users towards understanding what the articles mean. So much importance is given to creating visually appealing designs due to technological advances within computer software programs, such as Photoshop® & Illustrator® Creative Cloud.

Per a study, the visitors of a website only remember 20% of what they read, and the other 80% recalls the pictures, videos, and animated content. Researchers of the world-renowned institute, MIT, found that the human brain processes images and videos in just 13 milliseconds, which is faster than processing words—enforcing the idea that visual content is essential to drive your brand story.

Here are 6 factors to consider with the imagery on your website:

1. Improved SEO

SEO is crucial if you want your website to be seen by potential customers. Images can be a great way of improving on-site SEO, and this happens when the images on the website match the written content. Optimizing images for the web is an integral part of keeping your site fresh, engaging, and easy to read, and it ensures that search engines will also understand what you're trying to say through pictures!

2. Longer dwell time

Your website's chance of being seen by Google increases when visitors spend time on it. To keep people engaged, you should add images that provide value and may lead them to read the content or check out what other services your business offers!

3. User Satisfaction

Images on the website play a crucial role in enhancing the user experience, and they make it easier to explain the products or services you are selling. The more pictures there are on your website, the better. Try not to use irrelevant photos and only post-high-quality images that help users understand what you offer!

Types of Visual Content used on a Website

You can use different formats that can be used as images on a website. Based on your business and the goal of using images, here's how they are categorized.

4. Logo

The logo makes a brand, and it should be on your website. Its importance can be easily measured by thinking about some famous brands like Nike, Starbucks, and Audi. The first thing that comes to your mind when you hear these names is their logos. Your company's logo is the most crucial branding asset you have, and it should be visible on your website and other print materials, including major social network posts. The right design can make people love your brand image and want to buy your product instantly!

5. Photos

Photos are a must to complete a website. Though they can serve various purposes, including product photos, blog photos, and banner photos. Designers can access the images through three significant options:

Original photos

You can use original images on your website to help give it a more personal feel.

Paid stock photos

You can buy pictures from photo stock, one of the most common and affordable options.

Free stock photos

If you do not need your website content to be original, you can consider going for this option and taking pictures from communities like Unsplash or Pexels.

6. Infographics

If you want to organize and present complex data simplistically, try infographics. Unlike traditional imagery, these visual elements make it easier for your audience to understand the content and retain information.

The importance of a visual design cannot be overstated. The user's experience with your website starts when they land on it; that first impression determines if you'll have any future business together!

A memorable, well-designed site will always get better results than one without style or substance in its appearance. People go online for information before deciding whether a company is worth spending time with.

Want to leverage the power of compelling storytelling and marketing? Let Iron Marketers assist you - we can help you with web, online marketing, and laser-targeted branding strategies. To know more, connect with us today!